What do you need to try and check?
- Try turning your phone off and on again.
- Simple advice, but you would be surprised how often it actually works.
- Is roaming enabled on the SIM card and your phone?
- You can find the roaming settings for your number in My Vodafone under My Services - Abroad (Roaming), or directly in the My Vodafone app under Traveling Abroad. There you can adjust your service settings as needed. However, note that your data SIM card will not work abroad. Data SIM only contains an Internet bundle with at least 499 MB of data. It is necessary to enable Data Roaming on your phone, since it is usually turned off in the default settings. You should be able to find it in Settings under Mobile network settings (the steps may slightly vary). Enable roaming everywhere and you are good to go.
- Does your phone support the frequencies used by the local operators?
- Especially outside Europe, your phone may be unable to communicate with the local operators networks. To find out the frequencies supported by your phone, check the manual or the manufacturer's website. For details about our roaming partners networks, go to www.vodafone.cz/partneri (CZ).
- Are there any problems with the local network? Try selecting your network manually.
- Choose a different operator via the manual network selection. To log into a different network, you might need to repeat your selection and confirm it several times. You can usually find the manual network selection in Settings under Mobile network settings. For information about our roaming partners in individual countries, go to www.vodafone.cz/partneri (CZ).
- Have you reached 90 % of your FlexiCeiling? (postpaid tariff)
- Once you reach 90 % of your FlexiCeiling, outgoing roaming services are limited. Despite such effect, the incoming services which are included in your standard plan will be still active. To make it work again, increase the FlexiCeiling. You can increase it in My Vodafone in the section My Services - Bill and Limits Settings, or in the My Vodafone app in the section My Services - My Tariff - Other services you are using. After increasing your FlexiCeiling, outgoing services will works again within 24 hours at the most. Then we recommend turning your phone off and on again. One final tip - if you use Wi-Fi calls, you can connect to a Wi-Fi network and use it to communicate with your friends and family.
- Have you reached 90 % of your Call Limit? (postpaid tariff)
- Once you reach 90 % of your Call Limit, outgoing roaming services are limited. Despite such effect, the incoming services which are included in your standard plan will be still active. You can check your remaining Call Limit in My Vodafone under Expenditure and bills - Expenditure and usage. We can usually increase your Call Limit based on a phone request. Our Customer Care Line is available from anywhere, just call +420 776 977 100. You can also increase your Call Limit by crediting our account with the required amount; the easiest was to do this is via a cash machine in the Czech Republic. If you have a friend who can do that for you, they just need to find a cash machine with a Vodafone logo and choose the Increase Security Deposit option for your number. After increasing your Call Limit, outgoing services will works again within 24 hours at the most. Then we recommend turning your phone off and on again. One final tip - if you use Wi-Fi calls, you can connect to a Wi-Fi network and use it to communicate with your friends and family.
- Have you paid your Bill? (postpaid tariff)
- If your Bill is overdue, we might block the outgoing services, including roaming. You can check your payments in the My Vodafone app in the Bill section or in My Vodafone under Expenditure and bills. The fastest methods include paying on-line with a payment card, via a cash machine in the Czech Republic, or at a Vodafone Store in the Czech Republic. Your services will be automatically renewed within 24 hours of crediting our account with the payment. Then we recommend turning your phone off and on again. If the phone does not join the network on its own, use the manual network selection and select one of the available operators, multiple times if needed.
- Is your credit low or your SIM card expired? (prepaid card)
- You can check your credit in the My Vodafone app under Topup and Credit Info section, or at https://www.vodafone.cz/muj/en/ after logging in. You can also send a free SMS in the form: KOLIK KREDIT to 7700. From abroad, you can Top up your credit on-line with your payment card via My Vodafone, using the Internet banking service of certain banks or with a voucher, if you purchased one in the Czech Republic. Are you unable to log in even though the password is correct? If you have not topped up your credit for more than 13 consecutive months, your number was cancelled due to inactivity. In that case, we recommend buying a new number.
- Are you in a country where the operators do not support direct calls from a prepaid card?
- In that case, incoming calls, messages and data will work, but you will not be able to make an outgoing call. For direct-call support, go to www.vodafone.cz/partneri (CZ).
Have tried everything, but still no signal?
If you have access to a different phone, the fastest way for us to help you is by calling our Customer Care Line at +420 776 977 100. The call will be charged as a regular call to a Czech number. From a Czech number, call +420 776 970 219 for free. We can also help you through our on-line Customer Care Centre.