We offer 2 different types of connection:
- Mobile broadband - via mobile phone, tablet or modem.
- Fixed internet connection ADSL/VDSL - unlimited broadband usage with stable speed. Get more information.
What is the connection speed?
The real connection speed is influenced by a number of factors:
- coverage, type of technology and signal strength
- immediate network load
- type of phone/modem you are using
- current data usage - exceeding of the data limit can also slow the speed
According to the type of technology this is maximal connection speed in our network:
|2G (EDGE)||up to 236 kbps||60 - 120 kbps|
|3G (HSPA+)||up to 21,6 Mbps||up to 5,76 Mbps||a few megabytes per second|
|LTE (800 MHz)||up to 75 Mbps||up to 25 Mbps||several dozen Mbps|
|LTE (900 MHz)||up to 22,5 Mbps||up to 7,5 Mbps||a few megabytes per second|
|LTE (1800 MHz)||up to 150 Mbps||up to 50 Mbps||several dozen Mbps|
|LTE (2100 MHz)||up to 75 Mbps||up to 25 Mbps||several dozen Mbps|
|LTE-A (800 + 1800 MHz)||up to 225 Mbps||up to 50 Mbps||several dozen Mbps|
|LTE-A (800 + 2100 MHz)||up to 150 Mbit/s||up to 50 Mbit/s||several dozen Mbps|
|LTE-A (800 + 1800 + 2100 MHz)||up to 335 Mbps||up to 50 Mbps||several dozen Mbps|
Information about using frequencies:
|2G||900 and 1800 MHz|
|3G||FDD 2100 MHz|
|LTE||FDD Bands: 1 (2100 MHz), 3 (1800 MHz), 7 (2600 MHz), 8 (900 MHz), 20 (800 MHz)|
How do I connect via USB modem?
- Start the Vodafone Mobile Broadband application. The VMB application is an integral part of the modem.
- The Connect button is activated as soon as the application is ready to use.
- Click Connect. As soon as the application status shows Connected, you can open the internet browser.
How do I install the Vodafone Mobile Broadband application for the use with the USB modem?
We supply the application as a part of the USB modem. You can find the installation instructions in the modem packaging or you can download both the instructions and the application from here. If you have an older version of VMB in your computer, uninstall it.
- Remove the back cover of the USB modem and insert the SIM Card.
- Insert the USB modem into the USB port of your computer.
- If your computer features the Microsoft Windows system, the modem will start installing automatically. The first time you start the application, the USB modem will set up by itself. If not, click Display device and select USB Modem. Once the application is ready to connect, the Connect button is activated.
- If your computer features the macOS system, the Vodafone Mobile Broadband icon will display on desktop at the first modem connection. Drag the Vodafone Mobile Broadband icon from the Disc window to the file of your computer programmes. Click on the Vodafone Mobile Broadband icon and launch it. Once started, the application will identify your USB device, create the proper setting and select mobile networks. Once all this is successfully achieved, the Connect button is activated.
Current version of Vodafone Mobile Broadband: