Vodafone is testing new home internet connection
Thanks to the rapid expansion of high speed data coverage, new possibilities to connect households and businesses to the internet are opening up. Vodafone launches its pilot operation, new portable service "Connection without cable". For a single monthly fee, customers can now connect all their devices in the home, office or at the cottage at speeds 4 Mbps. Vodafone customers can get the new service with a 30% discount for 349,- CZK when they sign a contract.
"Our proposition to customers is easier connection for more devices in more places,” says Petr Dvořák, Vice President for Retail Customers at Vodafone, and adds: "The pilot operation will run in selected locations for limited period of time to test what is the market potential of such breakthrough service."
The featured modem can connect up to 32 devices to private wireless (Wi-Fi) home network. For older computers, it's possible to link them with a normal data cable. When purchased on installments, customers gain a discount of 1 000 CZK off the price of the modem and will only pay the upfront fee of 977 CZK and later 100 CZK a month (for 24 months). The standard price of the modem is 4 377 CZK.
The benefits of "Connection without a cable":
- Connection can be used at home, cottage or office for single monthly fee
- Connect to as many as 32 devices via Wi-Fi and 4 devices via cable
- Plug and play service, no appointment or technician required
- Download speeds of up to 4 Mbps, uploading speeds of up to 2 Mbps;
- The possibility to connect up to 2 external antennas for signal enhancement;
- Modem can turn USB storage devices into home network storage that all devices can access wirelessly
- Connect not only cell phones, tablets and laptops, but also smart TVs, desktop computers, readers or gaming consoles;
- Service supports all the available frequencies for 3G and LTE;
- Wireless printer sharing;
- Customer care is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.