- Starting from 11 June 2017, you can use your prepaid card in the countries of the European Economic Area (all of them fall within Zone 1) as if you were in the Czech Republic.
- The European Economic Area includes all member states of the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
What settings are required so that I can use my card as if I were at home?
- You need to activate the World Roaming tariff.
- Correct settings of your mobile phone and data roaming enabled in the menu.
Where can I check my roaming tariff and make sure that it is switched on?
- Log into My Vodafone and go to Abroad (Roaming).
- To enter the My Vodafone Self Care, you will need your password.
- Check if your roaming is switched on and activate it if it is not.
- Only the World Roaming tariff will allow you to use your domestic rates in Zone 1 countries.
How does my Czech tariff work in Zone 1 countries?
Calls and SMS
- Incoming calls will newly be free of charge.
- You can use your free minutes and SMS to all networks to call or send SMS to any Czech number and any number from the Zone 1 countries. For example, the Prepaid Bundle - Calls to All Networks 100 gives you 100 free minutes, which you can also use in Zone 1 countries.
- If you have free minutes or SMS only to the Vodafone network, you can only call or send SMS within the Czech Republic. In Zone 1 countries, we will charge you for these calls and SMS as if you were calling or sending SMS to other Czech networks.
- If you use up all your free units to all networks, we will charge you for the calls and SMS exceeding the free units as if you were in the Czech Republic and called or sent SMS to other Czech networks.
- If your tariff involves free minutes for calls abroad, you can use these to call from the Czech Republic to certain countries (just like you used to).
- The Friends and Program Four services cannot be used abroad.
- You can freely use your data bundle both in the Czech Republic and in Zone 1 countries. It will work the same way.
I am using a Prepaid Bundle, can I use it also in Europe, within Zone 1 countries?
- Yes, you can use your free minutes and SMS to all networks in Zone 1 countries. These minutes and SMS can actually be used for calling and sending SMS to either Czech numbers or numbers from Zone 1 countries.
- The internet connection will work the same way as in the Czech Republic.
What happens if I switch on any of the roaming data or voice bundles?
- If you activate both the World Roaming tariff and the Connect for a Day/for Good from Abroad or some other roaming data package, this package will take priority and we will charge the internet connection based on the active roaming data package. In that case, you are not using your Czech data package in Zone 1.
- If you decide to go back to the basic settings, wishing to use your Czech tariff in Zone 1, you can just activate the basic tariff ("Connect Abroad") in My Vodafone self care in section Abroad (Roaming) - Connect from Abroad.
- Roaming bundles with free minutes are utilised first and when the free minutes are all gone, we charge your calls within Zone 1 based on your Czech tariff.
I have a data SIM card that I use to connect to the internet, can I also use it abroad?
- A data SIM card allows you to connect to the internet in the Czech Republic. It will not work abroad.
- Data SIM card is a number that only uses an Internet connection bundle. It has no free voice or SMS units.
- If you have a shared data SIM card, you can connect to the internet even from abroad.
What if I call to countries outside Zone 1?
If you are in Zone 1 and call outside it, this will be charged as a roaming call outside Zone 1. This may happen, for example, if you are in Germany and wish to call to the USA.
- outgoing call: CZK 7.47 per minute (after 30 seconds, we start charging you per second)
- SMS: CZK 1.99
- MMS: CZK 6.20